Divider

Divider

Monday, November 9, 2015

Thankful

Recently, while thinking about Thanksgiving approaching, I was feeling blessed for my beautiful family and wonderful friends.  And that led me to begin thinking about all of the many things I am thankful for.  So, I decided that I would write a list of 27 things I am thankful for...one for each day of November leading up to and including the big feast...plus an extra!! Please note...these are not necessarily listed in ranked order!

1.  My husband, Prince Charming, who has been the love of my life since high school (that would be 23.5 years as of this writing).  We have made it through thick and thin. We've celebrated each other's successes, supported each other through difficult times, and have begun a beautiful family together. He is a very hard worker and I am proud of all that he has become.



2.  My smart, sweet, and beautiful daughter, Little Miss, who blows my mind with her math skills and performing talent. She may keep me on my toes at times, but she is an amazing little girl who has a heart of gold (standing over my shoulder, she tells me she wants me to write diamond instead of gold).  Ahhhhh, my princess!



3. Chub-Chub. He is an energetic, silly, loving, little "big" boy. He loooooves to play with his cars!  I don't think there is a single square foot of our house and car that don't have a hot wheels hidden somewhere. He is my shadow and loves to "nuggle" with me.




4.  I'm thankful for Miracle Man.  I'm incredibly humbled and grateful to have him in our lives.  Having almost lost him when he was 7 weeks old, we give thanks each and every day that he smiles upon us. He is silly, giggly, and loving. He loves our dog, Boomer, more than anything in the world, and Boomer is incredibly tolerant of him.  We love watching him make amazing gains in his development. He truly is our Miracle Man!



5.  My mother, who has shown me a different side of her than I ever knew before.  She has been a great support to me recently.  Having had a strained relationship in the past, the effort she has made to reunite us has been incredible.  I am thankful for the love she has shown me. And I am thankful for the beginning of a new chapter in our lives together.

6.  My dearest friend, Dee, who has been my rock for many years.  I could not have survived the past 4 years without her constant support and love.  Even as she battles cancer, she still takes care of me and my family. I think she is applying for sainthood sometime soon.



7.  My little sister, who has shown me love and support through very trying times. I can't even count the number of times she has been to the hospital with me and my children this year.



8. My little brother, aka Lil' Bro. He's hilarious, and sweet...and very loving.  Although he lives far away from me (waaaayyyy too far), and I haven't seen him in 3 years...and despite his own busy life, he still manages to offer me his love and support. Plus, he idolizes me! 'Nuf said!


9. My older brother and his family. We've shared some wonderful times together over the years. I just wish they didn't live on another continent. It makes it super hard to visit!

10. All of my sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, other family members.  Each of them have shown me kindness and love over the years.

11. Boomer, my first dog.  He is incredibly sweet and patient.  I love how his big butt wiggles along with his tail when he's happy.





12.  Kallie, the first dog I've raised from a puppy.  She is just what I needed.  Her companionship and love mean the world to me.



13.  My friends, many of whom are reading this right now.  How could I not be grateful for the love, time, support, and special moments we've shared? You've all contributed to my journey...sometimes in ways you cannot even imagine. Kindness given and received infiltrates the soul.  This is what you have done for me.

14.  Cheetos.  The crunch.  The cheese.  What's not to love?



15.  My kittens, Komet and Kupid, who have moved right into our lives and our hearts.  They are non-stop purring machines that love to cuddle.  They came to us at a difficult time and helped fill a void.




16.  My Ipad.  I know it's a material thing, but this material thing has given me countless hours of entertainment and knowledge on the days when my fatigue and pain mean that all I can do is hold down the couch.

17.  My bed.  It is incredibly comfortable. Sometimes it is the only place where I can get comfortable.

18.  My home.  It may not be the nicest, biggest home in the world, but it's ours. And it is filled with love.  It is also our sanctuary from the crazy outside world.



19.  My readers.  There may be only 2 of you, but I'm grateful for that!  Thank you for your support!  You're AWESOME!!

20.  When my children listen and follow directions. 'Cuz that's like...never.

21.  My health.  Despite the challenges I face, it could be worse!  I am thankful that it's not.  Hey, I'm seeing the glass half-full!

22.  Movie nights.  When the whole family is hanging together, "nuggling". Plus...the kids aren't fighting or running around the house screaming like wild banshees!  BONUS!!



23.  My neighborhood. There are many wonderful people living here!  I am having a blast getting to know our neighbors over the past several years.

24.  Random strangers at the store.  'Cuz sometimes, a lady just needs to talk to SOMEONE!  ANYONE!! Especially someone taller than 42 inches!



25.  Books! Tangible old-school books, eBooks, audiobooks, hard cover, soft cover, picture books, non-fiction, fiction, you name it.  I am grateful for the authors who can transport me into another world and teach me things I did not know. 

26. Music.  It fills my soul. It can heal me, calm me, pump me up.  It can ease my troubles, and bring such joy!  I love to watch my kiddles dancing to music!  That is truly one of the most enjoyable moments I experience as a parent of young'uns.

27.  Hot showers.  The warmth radiating over my aching body soothes me like nothing else can. I only wish my hot water lasted longer, and my energy wasn't zapped each time I take one. But I truly am grateful for this fabulous remedy.

Twenty-seven things is a long list, but at the same time, it's hard to narrow down the people, places, and things I am grateful for to only that many.  I challenge you to try it, too!  There really are many wondrous people and things in our lives. 

Gratefully yours,

Marathon Momma

9 comments:

  1. K.A. (loving cousin-in-law)November 10, 2015 at 4:31 AM

    What a wonderful list Kerrie. You are a fabulous. Pushing through each day as you do can not be easy at times and yet you bring a sense of positivity that is truly inspirational. May you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loving Cousin-In-Law! Thanks for reading my post! I'm glad you enjoyed it! You are in my thoughts and prayers, too!! ������ Gentle hugs to you!! ��������

      Delete
  2. Such an uplifting and wonderful post, Kerrie! An example to all of us that even when times seem tough, we have SO MUCH to be thankful for! We need to do lunch with Denise one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you soooo much for your kind words!! And now I've figured out that you're one of my 2 readers!! Lol thanks for enjoying my post. Yes, it can be difficult to stay positive at times when you are facing challenges. But I know you do your best to stay upbeat, too!! Hang in there, friend! Lunch? Did you say lunch? I love to eat!! I mean I'd love to! �� Let's set it up!!

      Delete
  3. May your heart continue to be grateful and enlarge and expand.
    May your children learn to value and appreciate the incredible woman you are and the many "over the top" things you do for them.
    May your husband decide to triple the 23.5 years and may your relationship grow deeper and sweeter with each passing day.
    May you feel fulfilled as a woman, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
    May you continue to inspire those around you.
    May the aches and pains you experience continually, and the severe exhaustion not outweigh the beauty and the value of the life, family and home you've worked so hard on.
    May your body heal, and your heart soar.
    May you see the miracles all around you.
    May your breath be taken away every day, as you realize how very blessed you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you for that, Anonymous ��! That's very sweet! There really are miracles all around me. And I truly am very blessed.����

      Delete
  4. You forgot one thing. You are thankful for you being you. The wonderful mother, wife, and all around phenomenal woman. Sweet blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, Taneisha!! You are too kind!! It's heartwarming to read your reply to my post!! Thank you! I'm grateful for you, too, btw!!���� I'll see you on Friday with Little Miss! ��

      Delete