Divider

Divider

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

My husband and I finally got a chance to go out to dinner the other night. It was our first #datenight since #valentinesday and gave us the opportunity to celebrate our 13th #weddinganniversary a month late, but at least it happened! 😜 We chose the @6housepub in #williamstownma in the #berkshires to celebrate and were not disappointed! The atmosphere in this old building was wicked cool...even for a slow weeknight after the #berkshiretheatrefestival ended. We loved the period furnishings and decor. Being that it was a slow night, we had our choice of indoor or outdoor seating. After a quick perusal of the choices, we opted for the unique indoor environment, with the plan to come back soon to experience the outdoor seating and 🔥 pit. The waitress/hostess/bartender/one-woman-show for the night seated us and asked for our drink order. When we told her that I was pregnant she offered to make me a mocktail and I only wish I had taken a pic to share. It was a tropical frozen drink that lit up my night! So fun and delicious!! For an appetizer, we ordered their garlic mozzarella sticks, which were tasty but didn't really have a hint of garlic. That was a slight disappointment, but my dinner definitely made up for it! I had their special for the evening, which I NEVER do! 99% of the time at restaurants, the specials of the day do not fit within my taste or dietary preferences. It was pretty exciting to be able to choose the special just because of the rarity for me! 😊 The menu was quite well-rounded and offered interesting combinations of flavors like a black raspberry chicken that was very tempting! But they also had a lot of the favorite stand-bys like chicken parmigiana, which is what Prince Charming chose. As for me, though, I opted for the Cajun chicken in a vodka marinara sauce over spaghetti. Omg! It was scrumptious!!! I loooooooved it!! So very tasty! It was definitely spicy and between my #scleroderma and #pregnancy I really paid for that choice in acid reflux all night. But I would do it again in a heartbeat!! I wish it was on the regular menu!! It was a really nice evening and we had a chance to enjoy each other's company! #blogpost


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2xcnjfN

No comments:

Post a Comment