Divider

Divider

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Some friends of ours had a baby boy recently and I wanted to give them something special for their nursery, so after a #Pinterest perusal and some stealth Facebook stalking of their #nursery photos, I came up with this sign. I like it so much, I’m going to make something similar for my #baby when I get the chance. 😊 It wasn’t too hard to make! I used a piece of scrap wood, which I painted gray and let dry. Then on the top surface, I painted a layer of navy. When that dried, I sanded over the top and sides to give it the rustic, worn look. Next, I designed and cut out of #vinyl the saying and owl on my #cricut . I used the negative part of the cuts to make stencils, which were placed down on the wood and painted over in gray. It took two coats to get the gray to look the way I wanted it to. And on the second coat, I lifted up the vinyl #stencils while the paint was still wet. The owl was a three step process. It required two stencils, the base of the owl being the first one in white. The second stencil went on top of the white paint after it dried so that I could add the gray details. Then when that dried, I painted the beak and talons in yellowish orange and the eyelids and lashes in navy. It was a fun #diyproject . and our friends really liked it when I gave it to them yesterday! 😊 #painting #baby #newborn #crafts #craftymom #diy #giftideas #gifts #sign #welcomebaby #babyboy #paintingismytherapy #blogpost


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2hDP7mC

1 comment: