Divider

Divider

Sunday, January 8, 2012

And Just Like That

Late last night, a friend from my TNT running group sent me a message asking me if I wanted to join a few of my teammates for a run this morning.  He wanted to make sure there would be other Teammates at the group run because most of our Team is away this weekend for various races...mostly in Florida doing the Disney Half, Marathon, or Goofy Challenge, or running as a team in the Ragnar Relay from Miami to Key West. 

I was hesitant to join them for a run at first because I am only up to running 3 miles.  But after expressing that concern, he explained to me that the group's plan was to run only 3 miles anyway.  Hmmmmm.....well, ok...BUT I am much ssssssllllllloooooooooowwwwweeeerrrr than I used to be and probably won't be able to keep up with you guys, I worried.  What pace are you planning on running, I asked.  Well, lo and behold they were running right around the pace that I was able to maintain on my dreadmill the day before!  Hmmmmm...Hmmmm....Hmm....And what time are you planning on going because I have baby boys to nurse every few hours??!!?  Oh, you're going to go right around when they have just finished eating and will be sleeping again????  Well, if you have to twist my arm...ok.

And just like that, I rejoined the Team this morning for a run! 

It was so.Incredibly.EXCITING!  To be back, to run outside, to talk with other runners, to talk with other ADULTS, to not be listening to two babies crying, to complete another run, to leave the house!  What a thrilling morning!  How Freeing!

Before I left the house, I fed the boys and then pumped as much as I could so that Prince Charming would have milk to feed the boys in case I wasn't back in time.  Fortunately, I also have a store of frozen milk from when Miracle Man was in the hospital.  They wouldn't let him eat anything for a few days while he was recovering from the surgery, so I had to pump in order to maintain the supply and not become engorged.  I came home with a huge bin of bottles, so there is never a concern if we need it for anything.

The run was a very slow three miler, but that was completely fine with me because I am still having a lot of joint pain from getting back into the running.  It was great to have a distraction from the pain in the company of the other runners. 

We arranged to meet again tomorrow for another run...most likely 4 miles.  I am a little hesitant to run that distance because I do not want to increase my mileage too much too soon and risk being injured after I just started back up again.  We will see...It will depend on how my body feels tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment