Divider

Divider

Friday, January 13, 2012

Sanity Breaks

Both today and yesterday I ran 4 miles on the treadmill.  I am gaining my confidence back and feeling more like my old self, just a whole heap slower.  My joints are still achy and I also noticed that my C-section area has been bothering me.  I wonder how long that will last.  This is definitely a long, slow challenge to come back to running, but I am finally feeling like my current goals are achievable and I am even considering what races to sign up for this year.  I am nervous about committing to something yet, though, because I have only just begun to run consistently.  I am one of those people who likes to have a goal to focus on to keep the momentum going.  It gives me a purpose for this "torture" I put my body through.  wink wink

Waiting for the boys to both take a nap at the same time so that I can run, though, can get frustrating.  They are still sick and we went back to the pediatrician again today.  He wants to try a different medication for them.  But with them being sick and irritable, they haven't really been on the same schedule much in the past few days.  It can be overwhelming listening to both of them cry all day long, so I really cherish my running time even more right now.  And I rely on their nap times for my running "sanity breaks".  For me, this is anxiety-producing, though, when they just aren't napping well.  Luckily, I got my sanity breaks 2 days in a row!!  Wooohoooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment